Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's Miller time

Kaberle gets the kudos today

Even Strength Scoring leaders

HNIC guy on the left not identifying with "my NHL"

Which reminds me of a thought I had last night, as another "my NHL" ad barged into my living room; has a professional sport league ever marketed itself as property of the fan? And if so, has said marketing campaign been directed at 'fringe' fans while it ignores long-loyal fans? And does anyone else see the irony of such a ploy?

Either give the fans a "my NHL" ad series to brag about to their non-hockey loving friends to generate interest by word of mouth, or drop the "my". Or start selling league shares to the fans, so that it truly will be my NHL, at least partially. And invite fan involvement to suggest ways to improve and maintain the integrity of the game. Because right now, as a NHL fan, I'm not sure what is mine anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home