Wednesday, October 26, 2005

West is Best? Think again.

Last week, I speculated privately that the Northeast division is so good, that all five teams might make the playoffs. But I wasn't sure how this new schedule, 8 games against each divisional rival, would play out. This week, ESPN noticed what I did, but took it a step further, forming an actual declarative statement that the new schedule would leave a NE division playoff-calibre team looking in from outside the sweet 16. A real shame. Along those same lines, Detroit will win the President's trophy. You heard it here first.

Biggest Surprise so far - L.A. Kings. I tend to know nothing about the Kings year to year, but I can't ignore 5-on-5 scoring(how down is this stat league-wide?), leading their division, 2.50 GAA with a former Ranger throw-away tender, 3.4 GPG, a scoring-towering-brawler Parros, and who is Tim Gleason and his team second best +6? Very surprising.

But I wish I lived out west. They get all the hockey fights.

And OLN, you suck for not televising fights. You really could've made some friends in tvland had you trumped ESPN's lousy decision to not show fisticuffs. I prefer not to watch OLN, but when I do, and I'm lucky enough to see a EST prime time dust-up, I feel like I'm with my panicky aunt who can't accept the fact I'm no longer 9 years old, and that I can handle seeing a love-making scene in a PG-13 movie.

Jiminy Christmas!

aside: Vanek, you better score tonight. You're playing the Capitals. Everybody scores against D.C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home